Help needed getting aussie passport for baby of parents with PR

IT angel

So I'm finding this process difficult to understand and was hoping someone out there has been through this and can help!

My partner and I have PR and have recently had a baby born in Aus. We want to get him an aussie passport but are struggling with understanding what documents we need to provide to prove his eligibility. Since we are not citizens we know that we have to get a 'citizenship certificate' from immigration, the problem is that they're asking for photo ID for the baby which we don't have. Seems like we're stuck in a catch 22 situation, no ID, no passport.

Anyone get around this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I will  be having the same problem when my son is born in October. Have you tried submitting an application without the additional photo ID? On the actual paper form it is written:

"1. Identity documents that show a:

birth name and date of birth

photograph and current name, if available."

Based on that, if the other photo ID is not available (like in case of a newborn baby), it won't be required? At least that's what I think...

You will need passport photos for the passport anyway - take bubba to a pharmacy that do the photos for you that way you can be sure they will be accepted.
Use this form to apply for citizenship certificate

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/119.pdf

You can find your local justice of the peace on google who will certify photocopies of all your documents - birth certificate for bubba and I'm sure yours and partners passports to prove your ID as parents named on certificate - and they can also certify your photos a true likeness. Take all original documents too so they can sight them.

Hope this helps - otherwise give the immigration department or consulate a call? Sometimes the justice of the peace will know - especially if you live in an area with many migrants.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz