Alexander Peter

Dawn & Nigel

Hi all,

We have been in Australia for 8 years now, my husband will be retiring next June (2018) so is starting to look at the best options of moving/accessing his pension, he has two private pensions in the UK.

We have been talking to a company called Alexander Peter, so was just wondering if anyone on here has heard of them or used them to deal with their pensions?

Many thanks

Dawn & Nigel 

• Like 1

Hello Dawn and Nigel.

I have heard of Alexander Beard and I understand them to be reputable and experienced in the expat advice market.

That said I am not familiar with their experience for Australian residents (that's not to say they do not have experience with them) and which Australian advisory company they associate themselves with. It is just as important if not more to be completely across things from an Australian position when looking at your UK Pensions in relation to retirement planning for Australian residents (assuming you are).

If your schemes are defined benefit schemes (potentially even defined contribution schemes as well if large balances held) then it really needs to be attacked from a joint advisory approach using UK (FCA) & OZ (ASIC) regulated and licensed Advisers.  

As well as many changes to the UK Pensions regime of late there have also been (will be effective 1 July 2017) major Australian legislative changes to the superannuation system.

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andrew from Vista Financial