How long does it take??

sunshinedawn

I know that the question I'm about to ask, is like asking "how long is a piece of string" but does anyone know how long it takes for a 457 visa application take to be granted. My husband's new company are dealing with it, would we need to do anything or do they do it all. Sorry for the question but we're new to this do any info will help us ?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Hi

I'm new to this too....... so I can tell u how it's gone for us.

My partner got his job in Oct ' 16 . In Dec/ Jan of the same yr the company he's working for put in for their part of the 457 visa, the visa nomination was approved early March '17 and we got a TRN number.

Then it was our bit. On 6th March we completed our part of the 457, that's up loading all required doc's, payment etc.

We had correspondence on 6th April to say some doc's had not scanned clear so re sent the very next day!

Not heard a thing since then? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Yep so did my husbands, but that seems to b for their part of the visa, u have to re send it all again when u do your bit and u pay for them [emoji51][emoji51]

My husband's company told us that they are paying for the visas. I've read somewhere that you need to provide medical and police records is this true.

Yes it was mine and our children's that needed paying for, we were never asked to provide police check tho, mayb it's different professions that need them?

It's a long winded thing I'm not gunna lie!! [emoji51][emoji51]

Yes it was mine and our children's that needed paying for, we were never asked to provide police check tho, mayb it's different professions that need them?

It's a long winded thing I'm not gunna lie!! [emoji51][emoji51]

Aargh I think I will be tearing my hair out then. Just been checking all details the company sent and they said they they're going to be paying for all of our visas and flights. Hope you hear something soon xx