Wynnum / Manly High Schools

restfamily

Hi

we are thinking of moving from Sydney to Brisbane and are struggling to find a school for our daughter. We went up last weekend and looked at Redland, Ormiston, Morton Bay Boys and Moreton Bay college. Redland seemed too religious / didn't have laptops which seems not in keeping with every other school. Ormiston seems too far to travel / possibly too pushy academically (not good for kids that suffer from anxiety). Moreton Bay boys seemed good, a less formal boys school. Moreton bay college seems to be going through some bumpy times with the Princapal leaving this week after only a year. It's the most expensive school and I didn't see much investment.

i appreciate I only saw snapshot. Are these fair summaries? I've a daughter who is bright but has learning difficulties so needs a school that will provide support and not apply too much pressure. Any insight on schools in the area, including ones I've not listed would be appreciated. We are not catholic.

thanks!