RNAT due to expire how do we renew

harrystyles

Our dogs current RNAT certificate expires on 04/07/17 and it is looking likely that we will need to postpone his departure until August.  Just wondering what the process is for a new certificate after this date?  Is it a booster jab and then further blood tests.

Any experiences of this would be greatly appreciated

Safest way is to get another rabies vaccine and then another rabies blood sample and i would start doing that soon. What you want is to get another positive rabies blood sample within 2 years of the original one and then the 180 day wait starts when the first one was taken. If you just get the rabies blood sample done and it comes back negative, you have to rush to get another vaccine done and wait 3-4 weeks and then another sample done.

On 11/05/2017 at 3:00 PM, BobPetairUK said:

Safest way is to get another rabies vaccine and then another rabies blood sample and i would start doing that soon. What you want is to get another positive rabies blood sample within 2 years of the original one and then the 180 day wait starts when the first one was taken. If you just get the rabies blood sample done and it comes back negative, you have to rush to get another vaccine done and wait 3-4 weeks and then another sample done.

Happy to get another rabbies vaccine done, how long do i need to wait before I can do the bloodtest or can that be done pretty much immediately as he should still be covered?  If i arrange for this month it will be within the 2yrs of the last one