Old Passport number request

feda16

My wife and I have had a letter with one question asking for the date of her first entry and the passport number used to enter Australia. This was in 1999 and we cant place our hands on her old passport. Anyone had any similar issues and how they overcame them? 

On 5/10/2017 at 7:19 PM, harrystyles said:

If you write to the UK passport office they will be able to confirm the passport number.  We had to do this for my parents for the passport they used in 1972

Can you elaborate on the contact to UK passport office as I can't find anything online on their website and I have the same problem? 

On 13/05/2017 at 2:57 PM, Mary Stan said:

Can you elaborate on the contact to UK passport office as I can't find anything online on their website and I have the same problem? 

I called up and asked how we would find out my parents joint passport number from 1971, was advised request had to be put in writing which we did and within 14 days the wrote back with the information we needed.  Give them a call as we did

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 09/05/2017 at 18:07, feda16 said:

My wife and I have had a letter with one question asking for the date of her first entry and the passport number used to enter Australia. This was in 1999 and we cant place our hands on her old passport. Anyone had any similar issues and how they overcame them? 

Was this for the main Visa application? We are just trying to fill in the health declarations (in advance of applying for our visa next month) and have been asked for previous passports used to enter Australia. My husband filled in his recent old passport from when we came into the country in 2015. He also came 20 years ago but we assumed that wouldn't be needed (we already have a 457 Visa and don't remember providing it for that). Now I'm concerned we would need to have it now - at what stage in the process were you asked for your old passport number from 1999? Thanks. Fi