AMSA COR oral exam for Ship Engineer/Second Eng./Chief Eng. important info.

marine8611

This page is meant for ship engineers in all ranks who are going for AMSA COR oral exams.I found so many engine officer in this forum looking for sample COR oral exams ,but all they could find is deck officers COR exam,therefore , I hope this page be of a great help to them.

Cheers,

A.A.A

Hi all,

I am advised to book an appointment for undertaking Oral and medical examinations in Australia.

It seems candidates should complete application Form AMSA419 and send supporting documents before booking the examination:

http://www.amsa.gov.au/forms-and-pub...s/amsa1581.pdf

But For initial AMSA assessment, I have already sent all documents.

Does the applicant needs to complete Form AMSA419 and send his documents to AMSA again ?  Please advise me what I should do after receiving initial letter for skills assessment from AMSA

• Like 1

Hey,

you just need to fill out AMSA419 and keep it with you after booking your oral exam  and you just need to bring it with you when you show up at the office for verifying your original documents.You don NOT need to send it out at all .Do not forget to book for your medical examination before you travel to Australia and it is better to do the medical examination before doing the oral exam.

Hey,

you just need to fill out AMSA419 and keep it with you after booking your oral exam  and you just need to bring it with you when you show up at the office for verifying your original documents.You don NOT need to send it out at all .Do not forget to book for your medical examination before you travel to Australia and it is better to do the medical examination before doing the oral exam.By the way ,I guess all of what I mentioned should have been mentioned in the booking confirmation e-mail you got from the AMSA office you contacted ,so please go through their booking confirmation e-mail and read it properly.