moving to melbournee

Guest carl pugh

Guest THE JONEZYS

Welcome to the site :)

We've just had our visa granted on monday :D and will be landing in Melbourne on the 8th december :D:D:D:D my OH is a brickie so we will let you know first hand how he finds things once we are there.

Lesley

Guest carl pugh

Hi Lesley

Im well pleased for you. why did you choose melbourne, every one seems to head for perth..

Did you visit aus before your move

Regards carl

Guest carl pugh
Welcome to the site :)

We've just had our visa granted on monday :D and will be landing in Melbourne on the 8th december :D:D:D:D my OH is a brickie so we will let you know first hand how he finds things once we are there.

Lesley

Hi the Jonezys.

You must be over the moon with your move.i hope to be there in april 2007.

What made you decide melbourne, every one seems to go to perth.

Have you been to aus before.

Im a house building manager and also a qualified roofer which is on their skills in demand list.

I sooner sweep the streets than stay here

Hope to hear from you soon all the best with move

Regards carl and son and young oliver

hi guys ,

Im moving to Melbourne next april can you advise me the state of the construction industry.

Thanks carl and sonja

The construction industry in Vic is very healthy at the moment...with most trades in heavy demand.

Only issue is that Vic is very, very unionised ...more so than the other states.. and the Construction industry union CFMEU (Construction, Forestry, Mining, Engineering union) try to run closed shops wherever they can. So... get in there and join ASAP.

You will also need to get a "Red-Card". This is an industry OH&S safety training card that should that you have been properly trained to be on a construction site... generally a one-day course run by the unions or major employers, at the end of which is an open-book exam on construction site safety. CFMEU will be able to help and advise.

regards,

Fraser

• 1 month later...
Guest samantha_emily

Hi,

Ive been in Melbourne for one year now and love it, its a perfect city.

Also many parts of Melbourne that didnt used to be so good are now the new 'up and coming' suburbs of this amazing city. Construction is happening pretty much everywhere, so you've certainly picked the right time and the right city!

Sam

Guest cosworth123

THE JONEZYS,

hi, just noticed your husband was a brickie and arrived in dec. i was talking to the brickies on site the other week who said their mate had just gone to melbourne!! not from the essex area by any chance ?? iam a dryliner heading out to melbourne very soon just waiting for the house sale to complete.

i gave the guys on site my email to forward on to their friend, as they say it is a small world!!!

we are heading for the dandenong ranges, where did you relocate to??

richard

Archived