Resident Return visa application for a contributory parent visa

ElizabethP

Hi, my parents hold a contributory parent visa, with my brother (24 yrs) as a dependent. The visa is due to expire in March 2017. Due to work and study commitments, they have visited Australia numerous time over the past 4 years with the plan to move permantly in Jan 2017. All was going to plan until recently the sales contract on their house has fallen through and it is unlikely that they will find another buyer until the new year. I would be very appreciative of any advise regarding if they would be eligible for a resident return visa so that they can stay and finalise the sale of their house before moving over together, which may be May/June once the house is settled. They have each spent about 6 months in total in Oz over the past 4 years, with there most recent visit 2 months ago. Many thankks

Hi, my parents hold a contributory parent visa, with my brother (24 yrs) as a dependent. The visa is due to expire in March 2017. Due to work and study commitments, they have visited Australia numerous time over the past 4 years with the plan to move permantly in Jan 2017. All was going to plan until recently the sales contract on their house has fallen through and it is unlikely that they will find another buyer until the new year. I would be very appreciative of any advise regarding if they would be eligible for a resident return visa so that they can stay and finalise the sale of their house before moving over together, which may be May/June once the house is settled. They have each spent about 6 months in total in Oz over the past 4 years, with there most recent visit 2 months ago. Many thankks

After spending so much money on a parent visa, I think it would be foolish in the extreme for them to pin their hopes on getting a RRV. There is no way of knowing whether they would get it or not so why take the risk.

They should push on with their moving plans, at the very least one of them should come over, but really no reason they cannot both do so. It is perfectly possible to complete a house sale from overseas. I have personally both sold and bought a property in the UK whilst I was living overseas.

I tend to agree with Bungo in that that can't pin things on getting a RRV.

I can't see why they can't make the move before the visa expires in March 2017 and complete the house sale from Aus if need be. They've left it late in the day to make the move and complications such as a house sale falling through can arise and have done so. If they have a plan in place, it makes more sense to me to stick with it regardless and complete the house sale after they have made the move.

Archived