and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest nicnak

Flights to Oz

Guest nicnak

Have just discovered this website and am thrilled! Hopefully I'll be able to get all my answers in one place! We are planning to relocate through my husband's employers anytime from April 2006. :?: Can anyone tell me the times it takes to fly to the various states in Oz? We are going to either South Australia or Victoria.

Guest Cal
    Have just discovered this website and am thrilled! Hopefully I'll be able to get all my answers in one place! We are planning to relocate through my husband's employers anytime from April 2006. :?: Can anyone tell me the times it takes to fly to the various states in Oz? We are going to either South Australia or Victoria.

Hi nicnak, welcome to the forum,

We are going via Singapore

Manchester-Singapore 13 hours

Singapore-Adelaide 6 hours

Cal x

Guest nicnak

Thanks Cal, it seems you can't get a direct flight to Adelaide, or it's not usual anyway.

Cheers :D

Remember the population is tiny outside of Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Cairns. They cant support direct international airports.

You will likely have to use these places as hubs to get to anywhere else.

Event the Capital Canberra hasnt got an international airport ( I think thats very funny )

:)

Remember the population is tiny outside of Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Cairns. They cant support direct international airports.

You will likely have to use these places as hubs to get to anywhere else.

Event the Capital Canberra hasnt got an international airport ( I think thats very funny )

:)

Canberra does have an International Airport. International Airlines just choose not to use it, as the demand isn't there. The demand is mainly there for only domestic flights, therefore it is used for only that purpose.

Guest jonathan

whats the point in getting these international airlines such as BA,qantas,

cathay pacific,JAL,singpore,malaysia,china airlines,korean and united ,american to canberra, when they can go to sydney kingsford!!!!!

might as well make sydney capital!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By EBall123
        Hey Everyone,
        I applied for my second year visa on the 19th of Dec and haven't heard anything. My boyfriend and I worked on the same farms for the same time and he got his visa approval back straight away. The only question we answered differently was that I had been outside of the UK for more than 6months. Is it because I out this that it is taking longer?
        We wanted to fly back out on the 23rd of Jan bit worried it will take ages as some people have said they are still waiting 2/3months later? My mum is flying out in the 4th of Feb so I hope I get it!
        Please help with any other similar stories or why you think it is taking so long? I am really stressing!
      • By The Pom Queen
        What a great idea. It is a shame they aren't extending it to UK/Australia
        The airline is now giving a “fly now pay later” option with the cost spread over up to five years, using payment provider PayFort, which accepts payment plans from three months to 60 months.
        “We understand travel can be a significant expense, especially for families and those on a tight budget,” Justin Warby, Etihad Airways vice president for digital strategy and innovation, said in a statement. “This new initiative is a great way for people to book and enjoy their travel without having to worry about paying in one large sum.”
        Warby also said this option would be an opportunity to upsell premium options, like first class tickets or private suites, to customers who would otherwise not be able to afford it.
        “When we were designing this product, we were really looking at how we can assist those low-to-medium income travelers and families,” he said. “Of course, spreading the payment over a period of months is also a great way to indulge in premium cabins.”
        Etihad is the first in its region to offer this type of credit. However, the option is only available to customers who are residents of UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt.
      • By SARAH1974
        Hi guys
        Can anyone help with this question (as I can't find anything on the Etihad website!).  We are moving from Manchester to Brisbane on a PR visa in September 2017.  We have 42,000 guest miles with Etihad.  Ideally I want to use some of these to take an extra suitcase(s) with us but I've been told that we won't know how many miles we need for an extra bag until we book the flight and have a booking reference.
        We are sending the majority of our stuff over by sea in a movecube in the next few weeks and if I can't use the air miles to take the extra case I will obviously need to factor in sending more stuff in the movecube. Why can't Etihad just state an extra suitcase is 30,000 miles or whatever it is!! Does anyone know the answer?  We have a 3 year old child so the idea was to take a suitcase of toys so she has familiar things around her when we arrive - if not it's a 3.5 month wait before it arrives by sea.
        Thanks!