Police Clearence issues!

Zippy

Hi Guys

I'm after a bit of advice on police checks, I've got through to the final stage of a 190 visa, the CO contacted us regarding medicals and police clearance. giving us 28 days to reply as is standard.

Now the complicated bit is my Wifes police clearances, we'd already uploaded her Filipino one (her home country) but she'd spent 11 and half months in Vietnam the year before so I originally thought we wouldn't need one (12 months or over being the rule), as they still had a police requirement on her further documents list (along with medical and relationship evidence requests). I contacted the CO via e-mail to ask if she could clarify weather the Vietnamese one is required, no answer after 7 days so I called the helpline from the UK after about 20 calls I got through, they told me it would be a requirement. So we went to the London embassy then sent all the documents to Vietnam, Parcel force lost them for a few days before finally delivering them, our friend applied for the certificate on my wifes behalf today. They told him to pick up the clearance on the 26th dec (no way to speed it up), this is 2 weeks after the deadline for our clearances on the 12th Dec.

I'm going to e-mail my CO about the issue but a bit concerned that the messages don't get through due to the past no reply. I'll also upload a scanned copy of the application along with parcel forces tracking and the apology from them delaying it. Unfortunately my friend doesn't have a receipt or proof of submission in english (other then messenger conversation with me)

Are immigration usually understanding about these issues? as I'm getting really worried about overrunning the deadline now.

Cheers John