Visa subclass 600 for parents

coolmotu

Hi

I am willing to call my parents to AU. Last time when I sponsored their visa I was on 457 visa and my parents got visa for 3 months. But now I got my PR. I am thinking of getting them multiple entry visa and wanted them to stay for longer period.

What are steps to take? Any help related to docs and forms will be highly appreciated?

I am from India and my parents are also in India. Can I apply online their visa through immigration website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

The Subclass FA600 has various streams. Your parents would have come on a Tourist stream earlier. You may be now eligible to sponsor them and they could then get the visa under the Sponsored FamilyStream. That would allow them to stay in Australia for up to 12 months. Under the Sponsored Family stream, a sponsor must be a settled( generally this means that you have been on a PR for 2 years and/or can prove that you are settled in Australia)

DIBP may ask you for Assurance of Support from $5000 to 15000 for this stream, but the visa is lodged from here. The processing time for this visa is up to 60 days

regards

Nikki Oberroi