489 visa NT

claireh

Hi,

I am looking for some clarification I have just been refused the 190 Northern Territory Government nomination under the Skilled-Nominated (Permanent) (Subclass 190) visa scheme has NOT been successful however we can offer your client nomination under the Skilled-Regional Nominated (Provisional) (Subclass 489) visa scheme.

For a variety of reasons I don't want to live in NT we would prefer to be in QLD as we have family near there - my migration agent is saying that this Subclass 489 would allow me to live/work in Regional areas of QLD if that’s what I want as the Visa Grant Notice will not specify NT; it is only a moral obligation.

I'm really unsure about this I don't want to proceed with the application if NT is the only place we can live? How ever if it is just a moral obligation to NT does this mean we can go elsewhere? Will this impact me looking for work?

Thanks

I want to be clear here we haven't lied on my application but I had hoped for the 190 visa we haven't been offered that but the 489 instead. She is saying it is a 'moral obligation' that I have to go to NT but I don't know I posted wanting some clarification if this is correct - maybe she is misinforming me, I don't want to get into trouble.

I want to be clear here we haven't lied on my application but I had hoped for the 190 visa we haven't been offered that but the 489 instead. She is saying it is a 'moral obligation' that I have to go to NT but I don't know I posted wanting some clarification if this is correct - maybe she is misinforming me, I don't want to get into trouble.

Schedule 8 condition 8539 must be imposed on a state or territory nominated 489. You might want to search this and check the links.

If you provide information that is false or misleading in a material particular for example - accepting a nomination with no intention of complying with your undertaking - you could find yourself on very thin ice.

• 1 year later...
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 01:45, Trustworth said:

Hi Claire,can you please share with me the samples of documents(commitment letter etc) which you submitted for Northern Territory state nomination. Please I don't know how to start preparing these documents. 

Thanks. 

Hi Friends, one of my friend lodged the NT state nomination - community worker on 13th August 2017. but till no response from NT. do you think that this the usual processing time for NT or any other prob on his application.

We were told approx 4mths for ours so sadly don’t think it’d unusual! I think if there was a problem they would of contacted them for more information- would definitely advise them to set the wheels in motion to chase it up soon 

On 21/12/2017 at 04:15, Trustworth said:

Hi Claire,can you please share with me the samples of documents(commitment letter etc) which you submitted for Northern Territory state nomination. Please I don't know how to start preparing these documents. 

Thanks. 

Hi apologies for the delay here sadly I am unable to find my commitment statement it’s saved to our computer which is currently in transit as I am now living in Oz. Hopefully will arrive by the end of January then I can send a copy over then if that’s not too late?

I remember writing about why I wanted to live there, the climate, arts & events that they have.  I said I had never visited NT when travelling but had wanted too ( totally true) I definitely did my research on why I was wanting to live there - are you using an agent? She looked over my statement & made some tweaks! 

Sorry I I can’t be more help!

Archived