Visa 143 application - question about money

Heather Farrow

Hi there,

On my Visa 143 application form there is a question on how much money I will be bringing into the country. I am selling my house in the UK so will the money I make from the sale be around the amount I need to put down. Is this question just to find out that you will be able to support yourself when you get there.

Heather

I used to ask my clients how much money they will bring to Australia, but stopped to ask for years, as I found it was almost impossible to get correct answer, for number of reasons, so ended up just left the question blank, DIBP seems no issue with my no answer is an answer approach to this particular question.

However, do not take what I have said here as a suggestion. Under the S.101 of Migration Act, all questions must be answered and no incorrect answers are given.

Hi there,

On my Visa 143 application form there is a question on how much money I will be bringing into the country. I am selling my house in the UK so will the money I make from the sale be around the amount I need to put down. Is this question just to find out that you will be able to support yourself when you get there.

Heather

Archived