VISA Invitation

trapme

Hi,

I have applied for 189 ( Business Analyst) on 30th of August, 2016 with 65 points. When can I expect an invitation. I have another question related to the employment condition. I have landed here in Australia on 30th of June, 2013 with 600 Business Visitor Visa. I was employed with my overseas company but attending meetings with Client in Australia until 26th of August, 2013. Can I claim this as an overseas experience. On 27th of August, 2013, I have received my 457 VISA and there onwards, I am claiming my Australian Experience.

I would really appreciate, if some one can please guide me into the right direction because this is very crucial, I am just missing my overseas experience by 1.5 months as I didn't claim my overseas experience when I was here in Australia on Business VISA.

Hi Trapme -

Thanks for the note. No good way to predict if/when you will get an invitation as it depends on the number of people ahead of you in the queue (same points but older EOI effective dates + those with higher points), which is not something DIBP publishes.

Re: counting time employed by an overseas company but here on a business visitor visa, I expect in the end it would likely be ruled as overseas experience as you continued to be payrolled by the overseas company, however it's not a sure thing by any means, especially as DIBP tends to focus on the physical location of the person doing the work in assessing employment. This might also be dependent to some extent on whether the work would be seen as more akin to the work you did on your 457. With no clear policy guidance from DIBP, this would likely be something that could go either way, so there is that risk in claiming it.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

Archived