Certified copies or colour scans?

Jonp1985

Hello everyone.

Finally submitted the application form and I'm now at the uploading evidence stage.

But I'm confused.

It asks for certified copies of things like birth certificates and passports and the like, but according to uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_certification.html;

[h=5]Visa Applications[/h] For visa applications lodged at the London office, if you are required to provide a police clearance, you must provide the original document.

If you are required to provide a statutory declaration, you must provide the original statutory declaration and a copy of the photo ID of the person making the statutory declaration, but this does not need to be certified.

For other documents, please do not send originals unless you are requested by your case officer to do so. There is no requirement that documents are certified when you lodge your application. If your case officer requires an original copy or a certified copy, they will contact you directly.

So do I not need to provide certified copies unless asked?

I have seen some places where people have said a colour scan of the original would be sufficient, but I wanted to be sure. Obviously it's quite important.

Thanks again!

You guys and this forum have made this arduous process a lot easier.