Invitation received VISA 189: Document Checklist QUESTIONS

Picachu

Hi all,

I received an invitation to apply and have some important questions on how to proceed. Along with my passport and degree documents/transcripts, these are the documents I have so far:

• ACS confirmation letter
  • IELTS letter

1. Do both these documents need to be certified copies?

On the DIBP website it states I need to provide an employment reference. I already have a certified reference that I provided for my ACS assessment but it was written 6months ago (I am still in the same role).

2. Do I need to provide an updated reference?

The DIBP also states the reference should include: payslips, tax returns and salary earned

3. Do I need to upload payslip(s) to my employment history? Or just the latest one?

5. Does the payslip need to be a certified copy?

My final question relates to timelines. I have 8 weeks since receiving the invite to lodge my application and I am coming up to 3 weeks:

6. Once I've paid the VISA fee does the 8 week deadline become extended if I need to upload further information?

7. Is there a minimum document requirement at the time of lodging the VISA?

For reference, I don't have police clearance or medicals completed yet.

I really appreciate your input - thanks everyone!

I have been thinking about how to proceed. As an update, I will be certifying all documents I upload when lodging my VISA. This will include:

Certified copy of ACS confirmation letter

Certified copy of IELTS result certificate

Certified copy of 3 months of payslips (is 3 months enough?)

Can someone please offer some advice on the reference letter? As mentioned previously, I already have a certified copy that was written 5 months ago. Can I attach this or do I need to provide an updated letter?

Similarly, my passport and degree certificates/transcripts were also certified 5 months ago - do I need these re-certified so they are 'up-to-date' ?

- Have I missed any other document I should be uploading when lodging my VISA application?

I would really appreciate some feedback - thanks everyone!

1. Do both these documents need to be certified copies?

I did get all my docs certified but actually if you read the DIBP website it does say scanned coloured copies but if you already have them certified, even better

On the DIBP website it states I need to provide an employment reference. I already have a certified reference that I provided for my ACS assessment but it was written 6months ago (I am still in the same role).

2. Do I need to provide an updated reference?

they want everything you sent for your skills assessment- I sent payslips and p60s for that 2.5 years because that's how long I have been qualified and doing my skilled job.

The DIBP also states the reference should include: payslips, tax returns and salary earned

3. Do I need to upload payslip(s) to my employment history? Or just the latest one?

5. Does the payslip need to be a certified copy?Mine were e-p60.s and e-payslips but again I guess that comes under coloured scanned copy

My final question relates to timelines. I have 8 weeks since receiving the invite to lodge my application and I am coming up to 3 weeks:

6. Once I've paid the VISA fee does the 8 week deadline become extended if I need to upload further information? Once you have paid your fee you have 28 days to submit evidence. You are best off getting it prepared, scanned and ready to upload before you pay. Also you want to scan each document separately... Eg. Main applicant birth certificate , partner birth certificate, main applicant passport, partner passport etc...make sense. You upload each document under the respective section. Just label them clearly a make sure each doc is 5mb no bigger. It's fair,y straightforward to upload but just get them all prepared.

7. Is there a minimum document requirement at the time of lodging the VISA?

For reference, I don't have police clearance or medicals completed ye once you have submitted your visa and you get assigned a CO (mine was assigned within a week of submitting application) you then get issued a HAP ID for each applicant and then you can book your medical at your closet immigration hospital. Police checks- we got ours prior to submitting our application but they are only valid for 12 months so it is advised to apply once asked by your CO but they don't take long to process 10 working days.

I still in the process of submitting my docs and doings bits here and there so I'm not an expert just giving you an idea of the process so far if it helps. My case officer has seen the docs already provided and asked for further information so what I have already submitted must be sufficient...or at least that's what I'm hoping!!

Thanks so much for the reply Larad. It really helps to see what others are doing because I'm applying without a migration agent.

I am employed for almost 6 years in the same role so I can't imagine they'd expect me to provide over 60 months worth of payslips? This is what I've done:

I have the original employment reference letter that was approved to the ACS (certified by JOP) and am also attaching a signed declaration from my manager stating I am still in the same role & company (also a certified copy).

I have printed out 6 months worth of payslips (certified by JOP also). Regarding the P60 - I never needed this for the ACS assessment but my payslip does clearly state the following sections:

• Deductions: Tax paid / Employee NIC / Student Loan payment
  • Tax Year To Date: Tax Paid / Taxable Pay

Are you planning to attach a copy of your employment contract to your application also?

Do you know if attaching a P60 is mandatory?

Thanking you again!

Edited by Picachu

No I wouldn't think 6 years of payslips is applicable. Maybe for this financial year. But I don't think it's mandatory more just to show evidence of you current employment. I provided a letter from her which confirmed I am employed, what date from and my salary. It was email pdf attachment so I just attached it. It's on letter head.

I have no no agent either but so far it's going ok but I'm in the dark to an extent. My CO has asked for additional info that I haven't yet provided so my assumption is that he/she has looked at the info already provided and is happy thus far. Anything you haven't provided they will ask you for. Also pre-fill a form 80 for all applicants aged over 16. You are more than like,y to be asked (we were) and it's a lengthy document. FYI!!!