Newies .........Please help!!

Guest clairegets

Guest clairegets

Hi all

We're new to the site me, hubby (brickie) and our daughter (4yrs). Ive been sitting reading theweb page for the last hour and you all seem nice and full of information. Have i groveled enough now?

We are looking to move out to Brisbane / Queensland area is there a call for brickies? and if so does anyone know the going rate? oh yeah and whats the best suburbs for schools shopping etc.

If you haven't fallen asleep a reply would be great.

Thanks

Claire

Guest itchyfeet
Hi all

We're new to the site me, hubby (brickie) and our daughter (4yrs). Ive been sitting reading theweb page for the last hour and you all seem nice and full of information. Have i groveled enough now?

We are looking to move out to Brisbane / Queensland area is there a call for brickies? and if so does anyone know the going rate? oh yeah and whats the best suburbs for schools shopping etc.

Thanks

Claire

Try this

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20779977-3102,00.html

Guest Lamb Chop Lassie
Hi all

Thanks

Claire

There is a shortage of all tradesmen in Australia currently.

Particularly in my state which is Tasmania.

We have relatives in every state and used to live on the mianland but it is very hot.

Tassie is cooler today it is 21c where I live right on the beach.

Building is booming here as we have lots of immigrants all states, so all building trades needed.

Eastern Seaboard States including Tassie pay the highest rate for brickies.

I used to be in new homes but retired these days but the cost of building in Tassie is higher than my old State Western Australia.

Dont know if they do this in the UK, but cottage builders as they call new home builders here are sub-contractors.

So you get paid and actually run your own business and pay tax yourselves etc.

Why did you pick on Queensland anyway?

Just curious :D

Guest clairegets

Hi thanks for oyur info Lamb chop lassie.

We have been thinking about the queensland area as a few friends have been there and rated very highly. Hubby has a uncle over in Perth who owns his own building firm so it would be easy just to go there, but we like a challenge!!

Ive spoken to a number of agents who have said that tradies are in demand so fingers crossed.

Hi to you colebecks you in oz are you trying like us???

Regards Claire :D

Guest The.Colebecks
Hi thanks for oyur info Lamb chop lassie.

We have been thinking about the queensland area as a few friends have been there and rated very highly. Hubby has a uncle over in Perth who owns his own building firm so it would be easy just to go there, but we like a challenge!!

Ive spoken to a number of agents who have said that tradies are in demand so fingers crossed.

Hi to you colebecks you in oz are you trying like us???

Regards Claire :D

Hi Claire,

We're not in Oz yet, visa application just about to go off :D

All the best.

Karen (The Colebecks) :)

Archived