Visa question

samantha08

Hi,

This is my first post and I was hoping for a bit of advice please?

My son has just returned to the uk (we're based in the UK at the moment) from a rugby league tour to Mackay. He did amazing and has been asked to return there in January 2017 to play rugby for a year at the school. He'll have only just turned 17 and is not really liking the idea of going on his own. My partner and I (and his siblings) are hoping to go with him but I'm unsure on which visa would be best? My partner is a carpenter and is on the skilled list but I didn't know if there was an easier way of doing it as we are only planning on been over for the year? Although we would be open to staying if my son wanted too [emoji2]

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer

Sam

Probably your best bet is for your partner to try to obtain a sponsored job and get a 457 visa for the family. Alternatively, your son could go on a Student visa; and possibly one (but not both) of you could get a Student Guardian visa; but it has no work rights.

Hi Leanne. I did have a feeling that would be our only option but thought I'd ask if anyone had any other ideas [emoji4]

Thank you for the advice

Sam xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sam,

Sporting organisations normally have extensive networks and if your son's that good then I'm sure that someone in Mackay can be persuaded to sponsor your husband - but bear in mind that Mackay's not a very large place and the cost of schooling for temporary residents in Queenland can be significant. I hope it works out!

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi Sam,

Sporting organisations normally have extensive networks and if your son's that good then I'm sure that someone in Mackay can be persuaded to sponsor your husband - but bear in mind that Mackay's not a very large place and the cost of schooling for temporary residents in Queenland can be significant. I hope it works out!

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George

We are just waiting for the school to contact us with all the details. They said they would help with the situation as much as possible so fingers crossed [emoji4]

Thank you for your help, I'm feeling more hopeful now!

Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk