Skills List and Business Question

orca

Hello

We are at the early stages of starting an application for a skilled visa based on my husband's profession in IT. I run my own business and I am the process of potentially starting to sell on a very well known gift site in Australia (from the UK).

Is there anyway of adding the fact that I will already have an online business in Australia to a 189 visa? I don't think I turn over enough to go with any other actual business visa as my business is only a year old.

Many thanks for your help :)

Is there anyway of adding the fact that I will already have an online business in Australia to a 189 visa?

No. Not directly.

If you (as a partner of the main applicant) have an occupation which is also listed on the current Skilled Occupation List, and you meet the age criteria, and English competency criteria, and have received a positive skilled assessment then your occupation can contribute points (5) to the main applicant's score in the points test for General Skilled Migration (GSM).

Your business experience may contribute to your own positive skills assessment in an occupation listed on the SOL but otherwise if it is not linked to a listed occupation then the business activity is not relevant to the GSM process.

Archived