Entering TRA certificate into EOI

Zippy

Hi Guys

I'm just finishing up my EOI, I've got all the certificates and points sorted, just wanted to make sure I'm entering my Trade Certificate correctly as its not that straight forward. I have a Certificate 3 in engineering and a positive skills assessment from TRA recognising my UK work experience/qualifications but never did an actual course as such.

Under the Education history field I've answered:

Qualification: AQF certificate III

Course Name: ______ trades worker

Institution name: Engineering Training Australia

Country of Institution: Australia

Campus: ????? (i've been awarded the certificate while in the UK through TRA so I've just put the address thats on the top of my assessment result form)

postcode: same as above

Date from: ????? must be filled but really not sure what date to enter as not actually studied in australia.

Date to: **/**/2016 Date certificate awarded.

So its really just the 'date from' field I'm concerned about, do I put it starting from 3 years prior to the end date as thats how long a course should last, (although thats kind of suggesting I've been Australia doing the course) Or should I just put it the day before (but that would make it a one day course) or does it even matter, will they just register as having the certificate and the qualification date so the start date isn't really important.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

• 5 years later...

Hi zippy! Sorry i know this is an old thread and u now have your visa. 

However i have just lodged my nsw 190 (2 months ago) and had the same query as u above about how to correctly input the tra aqf into the eoi. I have been invited against what i did input and im waiting on a grant now but hoping i did it right.

I put:

Qualification: AQF 3 

Course: Automotive Body Repair 

Institute: Vetasses on behalf of tra 

date from : i put the date i lodged my skills assessment 

date to: date on certificate 

i am worried i may have inputted this info wrong so just wondering if you visa was granted based on what you inputted above? 

If you still use this forum and could be so kind as to reply that would be great. 

Thank you