EOI for QLD 190 Visa

shanners

Hello,

I lodged an EOI for QLD 190 visa yesterday and then noticed today that they have suspended applications until further notice.

Will my EOI just be put in a queue until it opens up again, or will I need to lodge another one once they re-open applications? how does it work?

Many thanks

Is it possible to suspend my EOI and then reinstate when/if they re-open? Just to save me having to complete it all again!

Cheers

Hi Shanners

Is Queensland your only option? You could consider expressing interest in nomination by any State and leaving your EOI active on the system.

All EOIs evaporate after 2 years (if they haven't resulted in a successful application) irrespective of whether they are active or suspended.

Hi Shanners

Is Queensland your only option? You could consider expressing interest in nomination by any State and leaving your EOI active on the system.

All EOIs evaporate after 2 years (if they haven't resulted in a successful application) irrespective of whether they are active or suspended.

Hi Ric,

Thanks for your reply. Yes QLD is our only option as we have family there. As you can see by my timeline we've been waiting for a while on 189 and when QLD opened up my category I was over the moon but was away so unable to lodge an EOI until recently. Then noticed they have suspended applications!

Anyway, my question is if they re-open, for example on 20th August, will they simply not consider anyone who have lodged between 1st Aug and 19th Aug? Or will they just work the backlog?

Should I suspend my current EOI and reinstate when they open again or just leave it....

Thanks again

Each State runs its own selection process based on their own time scale and priorities. I suggest that there is no disadvantage in leaving your current EOI and re-submitting it (if required) based on future advice from the Qld government.

Are you hoping to live and work in the Brisbane metro area? If you are looking beyond Brisbane, and you have eligible family who can sponsor you, then a subclass 489 is worth considering.

When QLD notified us that they were about to suspend their system, this is what they said:

Please note that applicants can still lodge an EOI in the suspended period, however it will not be reviewed until processing has recommenced.

This suggests that EOIs lodged before the system is re-opened will be considered. Nevertheless, if you want to be 100% sure about this why not email them directly:

​Cinta.Grimaitre@tiq.qld.gov.au

Each State runs its own selection process based on their own time scale and priorities. I suggest that there is no disadvantage in leaving your current EOI and re-submitting it (if required) based on future advice from the Qld government.

Are you hoping to live and work in the Brisbane metro area? If you are looking beyond Brisbane, and you have eligible family who can sponsor you, then a subclass 489 is worth considering.

Thanks Ric,

No, we're not necessarily looking to live and work in Brisbane as family are further north. I will look into 489 visa as don't know much about it to be honest.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

When QLD notified us that they were about to suspend their system, this is what they said:

Please note that applicants can still lodge an EOI in the suspended period, however it will not be reviewed until processing has recommenced.

This suggests that EOIs lodged before the system is re-opened will be considered. Nevertheless, if you want to be 100% sure about this why not email them directly:

​Cinta.Grimaitre@tiq.qld.gov.au

That's brill, thanks for your help!