Jonesy

Hi, my name is Mathew and I've been in Australia for nearly 4years now. On a 457 visa going through the 189 visa route now, have my visa invitation now but only a week left on my 457 - so going back to the UK for a bit before hopefully returning asap.

I literally got the invitation today (20th) and most likely won't have it lodged in time to get the bridge as my 457 expires on the 26th. Flight was paid for by my previous sponsor as its their obligation so not fussed, plus get to see people back in the UK for the 1st time in 4yrs.

Because I was so short on time, I wasn't aware of if/when I was going to get an invitation, so I had to put an exit plan in place - Ive already given notice on my rental property etc so I'm committed to the path of applying whilst in the UK as I didn't want to run the risk of leaving everything to the last minute and also not overstaying.

It's not the best but I've got a plan in action and its a speed bump on a much longer journey.

I'm about to apply for the eVisa via my Immi account online but I know close to nothing about what happens next once I submit my claim to a visa application. Just wanted to find out the pros and cons of using a visa agent in this process.

Many thanks

Edited by Jonesy