Two ACS assessments in different categories

Ozzydreams

Hi,

I have recently received a positive skills assessment from ACS as a Business Analyst. However, I only have 60 points and with the threshold being at 70, realistically, my chances of receiving an invite are very slim at the moment.

My job role is very varied and there is a lot of overlap with another category 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer, which I could have applied under but didn't, for whatever reason.

My questions are;

1. Am I allowed to submit another skills assessment under 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer?

2. If successful, Can I have 2 EOI's running for each category?

Many thanks

Hi,

I have recently received a positive skills assessment from ACS as a Business Analyst. However, I only have 60 points and with the threshold being at 70, realistically, my chances of receiving an invite are very slim at the moment.

My job role is very varied and there is a lot of overlap with another category 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer, which I could have applied under but didn't, for whatever reason.

My questions are;

1. Am I allowed to submit another skills assessment under 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer?

2. If successful, Can I have 2 EOI's running for each category?

Many thanks

Hello,

1. Am I allowed to submit another skills assessment under 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer? Yes

2. If successful, Can I have 2 EOI's running for each category? Yes

I had a similar case. If you believe you meet the ACS Skills Assessment Criteria for Computer Network and Systems Engineer, you can submit your application regardless of the outcome of your previous assessment. It is important to provide accurate information and avoid any contradiction between two applications.

Kind regards,

Sina

Hi Sina,

That's great thanks for your response.

Just have a couple more queries;

1. I'm presuming I need to lodge a completely new skills assessment and just make ACS aware of my previous assessment?

2. If I get a negative assessment for Computer Network and Systems Engineer is my current positive Business Analyst assessment still valid?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sina,

That's great thanks for your response.

Just have a couple more queries;

1. I'm presuming I need to lodge a completely new skills assessment and just make ACS aware of my previous assessment?

2. If I get a negative assessment for Computer Network and Systems Engineer is my current positive Business Analyst assessment still valid?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

1. I'm presuming I need to lodge a completely new skills assessment and just make ACS aware of my previous assessment? No further action is required to address your previous application; The system will automatically link your previously submitted information to new application.

2. If I get a negative assessment for Computer Network and Systems Engineer is my current positive Business Analyst assessment still valid? Unless you provide false or incorrect information, a negative outcome cannot have an adverse impact on your previous positive assessment.

Hello,

My previous successful application was done via RPL so I have had to amend the project section and talk about two new projects relevant to the new category, is this correct?

Also, with the employer references, the original job duties are the same but I have had to add examples of work relevant to this new category.

Is it acceptable to add info to an old work reference?

I am concerned they will have an issue with this not being originally mentioned in as much detail?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you

Archived