Visa 189 - Missing documents?

Deepee12

hi - we are applying for a visa 189 with my partners job which is on the SOL. We are using Migrate Me. We have been told by the agency that we now need to provide 8 years of pay slips (3 from each year), 8 years of P60's and references from each employer over the last 8 years (on company headed paper). Whilst my partner has virtually all of these documents it seems that we are missing 1 of his P60's and a couple of pay slips. Also - one of his former companies is no longer in business so it might not be possible to have company headed paper. Has anybody else found themselves in this situation before and what did they do about it?

Thank you

Hi,

I'm sure someone with greater expertise will be along shortly with a more detailed answer, but when I went through the 189 process I was in a similar situation with regard to the references. I had worked for a large companies in the past which would not provide detailed references as required. I was fortunate enough to be able to have former managers at the companies provide detailed statutory declarations which served the purpose. Just make sure that the stat dec's are as detailed as possible and correctly notarised (by a notary public). It's not the cheapest of routes, but if it's the only option it's worth it.

With regard the P60's, the only other thing I can think of is a subject access request from HMRC. It sounds scary but it's basically just a request for HMRC to send you all of the information they have on you. You can do this via their website and it's free.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Chris

hi - we are applying for a visa 189 with my partners job which is on the SOL. We are using Migrate Me. We have been told by the agency that we now need to provide 8 years of pay slips (3 from each year), 8 years of P60's and references from each employer over the last 8 years (on company headed paper). Whilst my partner has virtually all of these documents it seems that we are missing 1 of his P60's and a couple of pay slips. Also - one of his former companies is no longer in business so it might not be possible to have company headed paper. Has anybody else found themselves in this situation before and what did they do about it?

Thank you

Hi.

We used Migrate me, and got our 189 visas March 2015. I also had some missing payslips and a P60. I asked my caseworker at migrate me what to do and she said not to worry too much at that stage. So I didn't, and was never asked for them. It wasn't a problem, but I'd just tell them what you're missing and take their advice.

With regard the P60's, the only other thing I can think of is a subject access request from HMRC. It sounds scary but it's basically just a request for HMRC to send you all of the information they have on you. You can do this via their website and it's free.

I will definitely do this - thank you for the tip!

Archived