starting to panic a little bit

bessiedoll

i know i keep posting about this, but i am not getting any further forward with finding the answer to my question and i am starting to panic now.

Sat Citizenship test : 14th May 2016 - Passed with 100%

Received invitation to comment on adverse information : 18th may

Returned all requested information by registered post: 8th June delivered 9th June

called immigration on 15th June to make sure that everything had been received and to find out what happens next, and they said that there has been nothing noted on my application to say any information has been received. i was only given 28 days to respond to the letter, and by 15th when i called, that was 28 days. they person i spoke to said that it could be sitting on the case officers desk, but i couldn't speak to her to find out.

does anyone have any experience in having to go through the process of providing additional information in this way, and how long it usually takes to go through the process. i am seeing people who have had their citizenship approved on the same day that they have taken the test and received the letter a week later, where as tomorrow will be 6 weeks since i took the test and i am still waiting.

what happens if they have lost the paperwork i sent to them? i have the receipt from the post office to show that it was sent recorded delivery. but i stupidly didn't take copies of the signed character references etc

what are the chances that it will be rejected? the adverse information was that i have criminal convictions from 10 years ago, which have been declared on all of my visa applications, and have never caused an issue before.

i just wish i knew what was happening, or at least how long i will wait for an acknowledgement that the information i sent has been received.

Archived