189 visa work experience start date confusion. Please help!

AdamHb

Hi guys,

Hope one of you clued up people out there can answer my question for me as im starting to panic a bit. Applying for 189 visa electronic instrument trades worker 342313

I am just hitting the 60 points required as long as i have the points granted for having 5 years work experience. i hit the 5 year mark in the next 150 days.

The 5 years will be from the day my "pass" certificate was issued from City & Guilds. It was awarded in 2007, i have been travelling for a few years however all my experiences will add up to the 5 years within the last 10 years as required and all work has been proven by references, bank statements etc etc.

My worry is i have been seeing that people claim they are having 2/3 years taken off there experience by vatasses/case officer yet do not explain why, my thinking was as they are not qualified in there trade just skilled at it so vetasses/case officer takes these years off as training?

As i have qualified will they count my years work experience from my qualification or later?

Anyone had any issues with there work experience getting altered or cut down?

Any info would be amazing.

Thanks all!

Hi Adam,

Yes it's possible for you to lose some employment period through a deeming date with TRA but normally only if you've gone down the RPL process. If you've qualified for your skills assessment based on a UK qualification then it seems unlikely that you'd lose any time. But be careful on relying on word of mouth through the forum. In this situation it would pay to get an agent to confirm that there isn't an issue.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Archived