International organisation for migration IOM

Debs

Hi,

Has anyone any experience of this organisation. They claim possible cheaper flight out if migrating.



"For new migrants coming to Australia and New Zealand with skilled migration visa or any permanent visa, IOM offers discounted fares and concessional baggage allowance on some carriers covered under IOM global agreement operating from/to Australia."

http://www.iomaustralia.org/projects_selfpayers.htm

TBH when I looked into it, the airline and flight routes are limited. So not the range of routes/where to transit etc you may want or the airlines you mind to fly with. And flights were not that much cheaper that I remember.

Its mostly good if you have a family and are all going out together so can get the big luggage allowance. However, consider the getting this all to the airport and to your final destination at the other end. It could be difficult.

I preferred to take the extra allowance of 10kg with Singapore airlines (holding an unvalidated PR visa) and fly their route via Changi and pick my own times and transit times than using IOM.

Hi,

Has anyone any experience of this organisation. They claim possible cheaper flight out if migrating.



"For new migrants coming to Australia and New Zealand with skilled migration visa or any permanent visa, IOM offers discounted fares and concessional baggage allowance on some carriers covered under IOM global agreement operating from/to Australia."

This is the first time I've heard of IOM. It will be good to know first hand experience of others who have actually purchased tickets through them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived