189 Grant Delay

Valerie

Been waiting since March 9th 2016. Got employment verification from local embassy on the 12th April 2016, Since then no communication from DIBP

To date my application status remains "Received". Do I contact them? what email do I use since I haven't had a CO contact?

Hi Valerie,

Count yourself lucky. Historically, the waiting period for a general skilled migration visa has been well over 12 months, up to two years in some eras. FWIW at this time of year the Department is very careful about not exceeding the various pre-established quotas which need to be met for most visas at midnight on 30 June. I certainly wouldn't pester anyone until 4 July, ie the Monday after the end of the program year.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi Valerie,

Count yourself lucky. Historically, the waiting period for a general skilled migration visa has been well over 12 months, up to two years in some eras. FWIW at this time of year the Department is very careful about not exceeding the various pre-established quotas which need to be met for most visas at midnight on 30 June. I certainly wouldn't pester anyone until 4 July, ie the Monday after the end of the program year.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks George. Crossing my fingers for July.

Onto another matter. I claimed 10points for employment but do not have any other way to prove except for the reference letter and the verification call to my boss who owns the company I've worked in for the last 8years. He pays us in cash and he confirmed this. I helped him set up and we started off just the two of s and now I have other staff I supervise.

With no payslip, bank statements have very few mobile money transfers from my boss hence not consistent and tax returns have been manual in my country till now. What other evidence can I submit since I cannot trace my employment letter?

Archived