Meeting sponsorship obligations

Clyde114

Hi there

i'd appreciate your advice... The background is as follows; I am applying for a partner visa 309/100 with my wife as my sponsor. She is Aussie, I am English and we are currently in UK. I am sole income earner as we have 3 kids.

My question is; how can my wife demonstrate she can meet financial sponsorship obligations when she won't be working? Also our accommodation at first entry when we plan to be renting in 12 months + with no evidence to support this?

i hope I'm taking the form too literally and we don't have to provide any evidence, it'd be great to know either way!

Thanks in advance

Nick

The key sponsorship obligations relate to the legal requirements for sponsors (eg meeting requirements regarding previous sponsorships, minimum age, protection of children etc). If you have lived successfully in the UK and are not homeless, or unemployable (due to language difficulties for example) than there are no issues which would put your wife's sponsorship at risk. The presumption would be that you can establish yourselves in Australia, and find accomodation.

On the application form (40SP) answer the questions in Part H using your current (UK) living situation. At Q47 record your plan for how you both plan to house your family in Australia (eg. Rent a house, stay with relatives, buy a home etc).

By signing the 40SP your wife is showing her intention to fulfill the sponsorship requirements. How these obligations are ultimately fulfilled will depend on how things work out in Australia.

Archived