Question about 309 defacto visa, second part.

89mariah

I am about to send in my application for the second part of my 309 defacto visa and i was wondering if i am able to leave the country while it is being processed.

My partner and i have just decided to up and travel Canada and North America for 6-12months and i was just wondering if i can be offshore while it is being processed?.

Also with my application i am sending in.

3 stat decs from friends family

Travel documents from the past four years.

Bank statements from our join account for the past four years.

Joint lease agreements spanning the last four years.

In your opinion is that enough evidence?.

When I applied for mine you had to be in the country when the application was decided so check this. It may be best to wait til you come back. You are allowed some time out of the country but here are limits for the final year so check this as well.

The second stage of this visa (309/100) is the grant of the subclass 100 (permanent) visa.

You can be onshore or offshore for the grant of the subclass 100. If you are offshore for the grant there will be a date specified for the latest entry you can make in order to satisfy the grant conditions. The specified date will depend on various factors such as the validity periods of health and character checks, and possibly on the visa status of your sponsor if they a permanent visa rather than an Australian Citizen.

Archived