Contributory Parent visa

Deepak Verma

Hi all I know its been asked many times but policies changes all the time making it difficult to understand.

I planning to apply for Contributory Parent visa for my Mom, got few questions (been asked many times before but still confused)

1. What will be the total cost including AOS?
  2. She is 58 got Aus Tourist Visa, can she come here and apply onshore while on tourist visa?
  3. Will she get Medicare?
  4. Any centerlink or aged pension, if no when can she claim?
  5. Will she be eligible for grandparents scheme (taking care of young kids mine and my sister)?
  6. What is better option Contributory temporary or contributory permanent option?
  7. If application is declined for some reason , Is fee refundable?

Your advise will be highly appreciated and any good agent contact?

In reply (using the same numbering):

1. Budget for a total spend of A$60k (if applying for a subclass 143 visa, with one parent applying).

2. Your mother is not "aged" (as defined), so would not be eligible to apply for an onshore parent visa.

3. Yes, upon visa grant.

4. Improbable. There is a waiting time for most Centrelink benefits - which is 10 years for the Age Pension. See the Centrelink website.

5. Not clear what you are referring to here.

6. I encourage going straight to the permanent 143 visa, rather than the two step 173 to 143 option - mainly because the first option will be cheaper overall. In saying this I acknowledge that personal cashflows can necessitate a two step strategy.

7. No, sadly not.

Hope this helps. If you are interested in formal assistance with the application please feel able to send a PM or an email to me (click on my name to the left of this post).

Best regards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi All,

All being well I shall be applying for my subclass 143 Parent Contributory visa in the new year. I have downloaded forms 47PA, 40 and 80. Are there any others I can look at now so I can hit the ground running when I apply? Any other hints/tips to help me on my way?

Many thanks,

Sue