Visa advice

Mikeehudson

Hi everyone, I have done a little research into visas and was looking for some advice on which route would be best to take. I am 29 years old and have been doing bar work for many years but am just changing career in England to become a carpenter. I have just finished a city and guilds level 2 qualification in carpentry but have not got any substantial work experience in carpentry yet. I was wondering if I would be best to apply straight away for a 189 visa through EOI and tradeset assessments as I have the relevant 60 points or if I would be better to get a working holiday visa and try to find a relevant job once I am in Australia and try and apply for a 189 visa from Australia?

Thanks in advance, Mike

you mention your lack of work experience this is where you will get an unsatisfactory skills assessment.. Did you complete an apprenticeship ?, get yourself a WHV before it's too late as I'd say you don't meet the criteria for a 189 just yet. Getting a positive skills assessment can be tricky even for guys who have been in the trade for years as they want to know everything and see documents. I was asked to show 2 years minimum post apprenticeship so 6 years before they would look at me.. Possibly talk to a registered agent

Archived