Need help for my current situation, any suggestions for a path to get pr?

Nguyen Nguyen

Hi, hope that someone could help me with this.

I finished 2 years MBA course at Uni of Canberra then I applied for 485 post grad stream so that I can stay here for 2 more years. I got this visa in Jan 2016.

Currently I'm working as admin assistant in SYD.

I'm thinking about doing accounting for 1 more year then I will be able to do the point test, but as I know the pass mark for accountants is 70. I don't think I can get IELTS 8 to have 20 points so maybe this way is not for me.

OR I can do IT for 1 year but I will have to do professional year, I won't be in visa 485 any more at that time to apply for professional year.

Thus, I'm trying to apply for a nominated job in Canberra to get visa 190. I also have relative in Can, but it would be hard to find a job.

Anyone has ideas what I should do now? Please help. Thank you

I cannot see how one year of accounting would enable you to pass a skills assessment, accounting is normally a three year endeavour. I do not know about IT professional years.

To to qualify for any of the work related visas you would need skills and experience in an occupation on the skilled lists, not just a willingness to take up a job in one. It is not clear from your post if you do have those skills and experiences, can yOu clarify? You might need to be realistic, it is possible there is simply no way you can remain in Australia.

hi Bungo, thanks for your reply. Since I already finished a MBA 2year course, I just need to study 1 more year to get degree in accounting or 1 year IT master in info system.

There are a number of accounting modules you would need to demonstrate that you have taken and unless you did a lot of them during the MBA, it would seem like a lot to cover in a year. Still if you are sure it would work then give it a go, sounds very odd to me though. As I say, no idea about IT.

Archived