Completing form 47PA

NANNY NELLY

Has anyone on here applied for a 47PA (Contributory Parent Visa) sponsored by your child.. whilst living and working here in Oz on a 457.? there are a few questions that i am not sure of.

I'm in the process of doing exactly that - I applied for my 143 visa in May 2015 and my 457 expires in November 2016.

So would you be able to help shine some light on these two questions. ? Please.:confused:

Page 9 Q 11.

Have you or any dependent family member (migrating with you or not) previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia?

No, Unsure, Yes, Give details (if known)

1. Full name Purpose of stay in Australia Date of arrival Day Month Year Date of departure Visa number

We have both been on holidays here before securing a 457 of which Gary (Husband) has been granted 2.

WHAT would our answer be to this and what Visa number should we use.

Page 11 Q 34.

If you are applying for a visa that can only be granted to a person outside Australia:

What is the value of money, goods and assets which you (and your partner) intend to bring to Australia? Local currency Australian dollar equivalent AUD

We can apply for this Visa whilst being in Australia as we are on a 457 with no holds on– so does that mean we leave this question blank

So would you be able to help shine some light on these two questions. ? Please.:confused:

Page 9 Q 11.

Have you or any dependent family member (migrating with you or not) previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia?

No, Unsure, Yes, Give details (if known)

1. Full name Purpose of stay in Australia Date of arrival Day Month Year Date of departure Visa number

We have both been on holidays here before securing a 457 of which Gary (Husband) has been granted 2.

WHAT would our answer be to this and what Visa number should we use.

Answer: I answered Yes and gave the full details of my current visa. I had not been to Australia prior to this but I know I had another question where I could give previous and current details for something, so I gave all the information that I had. I thought it was better to give too much rather than them find things out and think I was trying to hide something.

Page 11 Q 34.

If you are applying for a visa that can only be granted to a person outside Australia:

What is the value of money, goods and assets which you (and your partner) intend to bring to Australia? Local currency Australian dollar equivalent AUD

We can apply for this Visa whilst being in Australia as we are on a 457 with no holds on– so does that mean we leave this question blank

Answer: As I remember I think I just put my current bank balance as the value for this section. I wasn't going to try to do a house inventory but I didn't leave it blank as I reasoned that if I had to leave while on my 457 I would at least take my money with me, so put that as the answer, if that makes sense and thought that Immi might think it strange if I said I had nothing.

Hope this helps a little and good luck with your application......and the long wait that follows :rolleyes:

Archived