Confused

missmoffitt

Hi everyone I am so confused and stressed can anyone help.

2 dogs have been for their rabies blood test weeks after vaccine. The vet is government approved and she told me they send the bloods to their labs, who then send onto the government approved one.

my questions if anyone can reassure me are:

• We are not planning to leave until 2017. Have I started the process too early? I did speak to lady at Pet Air who said to go ahead but after reading some stuff on here, I'm not panicking that I will have to redo the whole process
  • I have read on the fb forum of someone whose dog failed the ehrlichia test 45 days before heading off. Is it worth me getting a heads up on this test as we have taken both dogs to France one of which had a tick bite:sad:

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated

thanks

Hi everyone I am so confused and stressed can anyone help.

2 dogs have been for their rabies blood test weeks after vaccine. The vet is government approved and she told me they send the bloods to their labs, who then send onto the government approved one.

my questions if anyone can reassure me are:

• We are not planning to leave until 2017. Have I started the process too early? I did speak to lady at Pet Air who said to go ahead but after reading some stuff on here, I'm not panicking that I will have to redo the whole process

• I have read on the fb forum of someone whose dog failed the ehrlichia test 45 days before heading off. Is it worth me getting a heads up on this test as we have taken both dogs to France one of which had a tick bite:sad:

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated

thanks

IIRC the rabies tests are valid for two years

Also, if you want to be sure then get an ehrlichia test done now to give you an idea of if they will fail or not. They are unlikely to fail.

If i was in your position then i would get the the test done to give me a better idea - and to help me sleep more soundly :)

Archived