AHPRA - Midwives

DeniDeni

Hi, any midwives registered with AHPRA how long did it take to get registered? It seems nurses receive their registration quicker, I am assuming this is because of the 'continuity of care' issue?

I sent my application 15th February, it arrived 22nd Feb and was acknowledged 24th Feb. They asked for more information (evidence of 10 continuities of care) which I could not provide and the last contact was the 10th March when I confirmed that I would not be sending any further documentation.

What are you 'conditions' and how long for? Is there a notation on your registration that says you are not educationally prepared for continuity of care?

We go in September and I'm really hoping I'll be registered before so I can at least start applying for jobs!

As part of the Australian midwifery course they have to document 10 continuity of cares (case holdings).

[h=3]Continuity of care experiences[/h]

1. Experience in woman-centred care as part of continuity of care experiences. The student is supported to:
    • establish, maintain and conclude a professional relationship while experiencing continuity with individual women through pregnancy, labour and birth, and the postnatal period, regardless of model of care
    • provide midwifery care within a professional practice setting and under the supervision of a midwife—in collaborative practice arrangements supervision by other relevant registered practitioners (for example, medical officer qualified in obstetrics, child health nurse or physiotherapist) may be appropriate
    • engage with a minimum of 10 women—engagement involves attending four antenatal visits, two postnatal visits and, for the majority of women, the labour and birth
    • maintain a record of each engagement incorporating regular reflection and review by the education or health service provider.

Archived