Partner Visa - when do you get a case worker

taggstigress

We put my husband's visa in on 1st Feb 2016 and have heard nothing at all except it will take 10-14 months to process. When I spoke to an actual human being in late Feb I was told they were still processing December applications.

It is really difficult to talk to a human. Any advice?

NB _ I am an Ozzie and we have been married for 40 years

Its perfectly normal not to hear anything. I'd not bother calling them at all. You've been given the correct processing time for off shore applications in the UK and that's pretty much all you need to know from them.

A CO will be assigned and you'll get an email with some more info on when the applicant has to undertake police check and medical. This email usually arrives around the 3 month mark after lodging. And unless they request any further information, you probably then won't hear a thing till the visa is granted. Which is exactly how it should be :smile: If you've provided all the things they ask for, supporting statements, stat decs, birth certs, marriage cert, passports, UK citizenship proof or UK visa proof (from the Aus sponsor as they have to show they have the legal right to reside in the UK if living there and so on) evidence to show you are a couple etc then its all good.

Also although the processing time is officially 10-14 months they are currently processing quite a lot of applicants sooner than this. Don't bank on this being the case for your application, work to the official time as you can't then feel disappointed but then if the visa is granted sooner then great is how I look at it :) You can start the planning to move sooner then if you wanted.

We put my husband's visa in on 1st Feb 2016 and have heard nothing at all except it will take 10-14 months to process. When I spoke to an actual human being in late Feb I was told they were still processing December applications.

It is really difficult to talk to a human. Any advice?

NB _ I am an Ozzie and we have been married for 40 years

Not sure if this helps. I lodged my partner visa 27th December 2015 and havent heard anything yet.

That's interesting to know.......I applied for mine in early Feb and was hoping to hear that a case worker had been assigned by May

With you not hearing after applying end of December, I think I had better move my case worker expectations!!

Cheers

Not sure if this helps. I lodged my partner visa 27th December 2015 and havent heard anything yet.

Well when applied online, and submitted, the medical part said to have your medical.

That as well as, I don't do needles, so was keen to get it out of the way.

Having both checks doesn't speed up the process, just keen to get them done and out the way........judging by some of the comments on here, looks like I might have to have them again next year.........what will be will be!!

keep us posted on your progress

Cheers

I note you have had your medical and police check. I was told that had to wait

Your application is lodged and in the queue though. So getting a CO assigned doesn't magically bump you up the queue or put you in it. They give a 10-14 month timeframe for the offshore partner visa and this is what you need to work to. The countdown clock for this started ticking when you lodged.

Well you have a choice you could have applied for a HAP ID and have your medical before you lodged and also get your police checks, or you could wait for the CO to request it which is highly likely they will.

A lot of people opt to do the medicals prior to lodgement so that there would be no further delay. Police checks can be uploaded at any time.

We have not heard a thing and we submitted 5 months ago

If you've done your medical and police check before a CO was assigned then there is no need for the CO to contact you unless they require anything further they require.

I'd not worry about it. I'd be a bit worried if I'd lodged 5 months ago and had not front loaded police check and medical and still had not heard anything though.