Submitting EOI in Australia and going back overseas / 2 years study points

henryolonga

Hello,

How are all of you?

I am writing to seek answers about 2 questions. Firstly, plz let me provide you a quick detail regarding understanding of my case.

I am planning to apply for EOI for permanent residence under the category of "Developer Programmer".

The points breakdown is as below:

1) Age: 30 points

2) Englishproficiency: 10 points (i.e. "IELTS L=7 R=7.5 W=7 S=7" "PTE L=75 R=76 S=68 W=78)

3) Australian Experience: 10 points

A letter from ACS states as below:

"The following employment after February 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately

skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code."

(Note: The letter has been issued this month)

4) Education: 10 points

A letter from ACS states as below:

"Your Bachelor in Computer Science from XXXXX University completed March 2007 has been

assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a major in computing.."

(Note: The letter has been issued this month)

5) 2 years study: 5 points

Currently, I am on a student 572 visa. I have completed a "diploma of Information technology" from a college in Sydney. The course started on 12/01/2014 and finished on 20/03/2015. I have enrolled in a one year "advance diploma of information technology" from another college in Sydney since 20/04/2015. This course will finish in 20/05/2016.

The questions are:

(i) Although my assessment has nothing to do with the 2 diplomas, will I get 5 points for Australian study of 2 years which will be completed in May 2016?

(ii) If I submit my EOI in Austalia in May 2016, and leave the country in June 2016 for good, does it make any difference to my point score. What about the medicals and other requirements to be fulfilled ? Can I do that in my home country if an invitation is granted to me later?

Thanks in advance.

Henry Olanga.

Archived