457 visa how long ?

Guest shez

Guest shez

Hello everybody,

Please can anyone enlighten me as to how long the wait is for a 457 visa to be issued. Agent in Perth put in applications around the middle of April. On may 8th we had medicals and x-rays done. On 12th may agent got a request from case officer to get medicals done which by this time we already had done them.

Getting worried now as so far not heard back from case officer with any news. Agent has today e-ailed CO to see if there is any news as we have sold the house. Just our luck with the market being like it is we sold it in 4 weeks to the first viewer we had, also we both need to hand notices in etc, all that is needed for the big move over to Perth.

Any one any advice please or is no news good news. Seems like most people are having thier 457 visas issued in two weeks. We do think it is a paper application and not an online one if this makes a difference.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Guest drewcaroline

Hello chap, I am new to all this but the guy I am talking to in Oz tells me 457 currently takes 6 to 8 weeks so I guess you should hear very soon. We are currently thinking about Melbourne but the idea is at a very early stage. He reckons our Visa should be straightforward though as I can easily get a job. We have never been to Oz before. Anyone got any good advice?

Drew.

Guest SIDLOWE

Hi There

We started or 457 application in about SEPT/OCT last year and visas came through in January.

Our application was done on paper not on-line. Obviously, we had Xmas in between.

Good Luck !

You can get your visas whilst in Oz I think...check with the agent you are using.

You could go for a long holiday whilst you are waiting

Guest drewcaroline

We have just been for a long holiday in South America for 3 months! Which was amazing. That started our quest for adventure and better weather! Need to get some money in first before we do much else so will at least be in the UK for the summer (whatever that is!). But thanks for the advice about holidays and visa's. Might be a good idea to do it that way and if we don't like it we can easy come back, or not, as the case may be. But harder for the folks back home that way I suppose.

Drew.

:yes:

Archived