work experience assessment

javadxster

hello,

I have 8.5 years of experience as Electrical Engineer and I have got my skilled assessed as Engineering technologist by Engineer Australia.

My agent is telling me try to get 60+ points using Proficient English test 20 points rather then showing work experience as this would make the case harder. she is telling me that I would need to get my work experience assessed by Engineer Australia to demonstrate that I have worked as Engineer for 8+ years.

I though that something you fill out as part of your application for formal Visa, by demonstrating your work experience. Why would Engineer Australia assess if I have enough work experience to get the 15 points.

I have the following documents to demonstrate work experience:

1. Payslips

2. Current Employer reference letter

3. I could get HMRC to send me tax history letter

Any advise:err:

Hi javadxster,

I did my assessment late last year as an Electrical Engineer, Engineer Australia recognized my degree and I was classified as an Electrical Engineer I've done all the step myself without an agent with a lot of help from reading this forum and researching on other websites , I am not an expert but from my understanding , if you've been assessed as a Engineering Technologist , you should be applying under that class on the SOL, ie when you submit you EOI, provided the occupational ceiling has not been met, as of today it is 913/1000, that is 87 places left.

In your place I would have done both skilled and experience assessment in one go , and try my luck by submitting EOI under class 2339 (2339 Other Engineering Professionals) then again at this point your chance might be slim. If you've been classified as a technologist there's a big chance they will have also recognized your experience of 8 years, provided you showed enough evidence.

I guess what the agent is telling you , is that if you do not claim points for experience you do not have to go into the hassle of proving those years of experience , as each individual is different and you might have worked in numerous places and it will take time to collect additional evidence. The quickest way is to try and get points from the English test, so that you can submit eoi before the occupational ceiling is met. Hope I haven't confused you more .

Regards,

Jimmy

I have the following documents to demonstrate work experience:

1. Payslips

2. Current Employer reference letter

3. I could get HMRC to send me tax history letter

I am not in your category but for my work experience I provided job descriptions on headed paper and written references from all my old employers (5!).

I imagine you agent is saying it will be easier to pass the English exam then getting lots of references from different places.

What do you mean by references, the reference letter HR normally gives you would indicates number of years worked and job description.

All this work experience related items, will this need to be assessed by engineer Australia or immigration case worker

Archived