Newbie Migration questions!

DaveDave

Hi all,

I have just had a read through a lot of the forum, there is a lot of good advice on here. I have just returned from my third trip to Australia, this time my wife was with me and she has returned just as enthusiastic as I have always been about moving to Australia. I am a qualified plasterer by trade but i have been in Site Management/Finishing Foreman roles for the past four years. My wife is an actress. I am 33 years old(I did my one year working visa in 2008/09) My wife is 31.

I have been looking through potential visa options or just heading back out to Australia at the end of the year(Hoping for sponsorship) after I tie up a few loose ends in Wales.

The question I am asking everyone here is, what would be the best option do you think?Could anyone point us in the right direction? Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I'm sorry if a very similar post is elsewhere on the site :)

Thank You very much!

If you can get a Skilled visa based on you being a Plasterer i would opt for that over sponsorship, it leaves you much more secure once here. The only stumbling block is if you havent been working in that specific job prior to applying.

Hopefully others will be along soon with their advice

Cal x

Hiya!

Yup, as Calgary said, skilled sponsorship would be the best way to go but if you don't managed to get sponsored, husband is on a 489 skilled visa (no sponsorship) but easily found work via gumtree.

Driving round sites and purely asking about work too helps.

Best phone an immigration place. We used Immigration2Oz and they were nothing short of the dog's nuts! Brilliant!

Good luck <3

Archived