Mistake in EOI and visa application already lodged! Please help!

E2306

Hi,

We have just been assigned a CO who has requested evidence of Australian study which very much confused me as I don't have any and didn't claim to have any on my application which I have checked. I'm almost certain I didn't state this neither on EOI but I can no longer access it to check. I'm in a blind panic as our points were 60 - I thought you could claim 5 points for your partner's age - which I'm slowly starting to realise is wrong! So I think I've potentially made a mistake and our points are going to drop to 55. Has anybody any idea what this means? Will we lose our application and all our money?!!

@E2306 Oh no, you've made a grave error. I'm sorry to say that based on what you've said it's highly likely to be refused and you would lose all of your money.

My advise would be to contact a registered migration agent at the earliest opportunity. I don't hold out much hope but they may be able to help in some way.

Edited by CaptainC

Hi,

We have just been assigned a CO who has requested evidence of Australian study which very much confused me as I don't have any and didn't claim to have any on my application which I have checked. I'm almost certain I didn't state this neither on EOI but I can no longer access it to check. I'm in a blind panic as our points were 60 - I thought you could claim 5 points for your partner's age - which I'm slowly starting to realise is wrong! So I think I've potentially made a mistake and our points are going to drop to 55. Has anybody any idea what this means? Will we lose our application and all our money?!!

Do you have a screenshot or a saved PDF of the EOI submission?

Hi Captain,

I am also sitting in a situation where I also made an error on my EOI and 189.

I was assigned a CO on 10/02/2016 and was requested to supply documents for Employment and do my Medical. While preparing my employment documents, I noticed an error that was a complete oversight on my side. I had completely forgotten that the agency that placed me at my company was helping negotiate my fixed contract and therefore for a month and a half the agency directly paid my salary (while I was working at the company until the contract was finalized). Therefore in reality I was contracted to my current company for that month and half then made permanent afterwards. On my EOI and Visa application I had my current employer as my employer for the entire period and not the agency for that brief period. The timelines are correct for my points and also the work experience but the employer name is wrong. I submitted Form 1023 along with a letter explaining the error and all the supporting documents on 11/02/2016.

Its been 4 weeks since I submitted the Form 1023 and still no response. I am a bit hysterical at this point. Is there a high possibility that I am going to have to withdraw and relodge? My agent hasn't been giving me much information to ease my nerves and just says we must wait and see what they say but its hard to relax when the silence is deafening and I might be losing all that money. Any advice will be appreciated.

Hi Captain,

I am also sitting in a situation where I also made an error on my EOI and 189.

I was assigned a CO on 10/02/2016 and was requested to supply documents for Employment and do my Medical. While preparing my employment documents, I noticed an error that was a complete oversight on my side. I had completely forgotten that the agency that placed me at my company was helping negotiate my fixed contract and therefore for a month and a half the agency directly paid my salary (while I was working at the company until the contract was finalized). Therefore in reality I was contracted to my current company for that month and half then made permanent afterwards. On my EOI and Visa application I had my current employer as my employer for the entire period and not the agency for that brief period. The timelines are correct for my points and also the work experience but the employer name is wrong. I submitted Form 1023 along with a letter explaining the error and all the supporting documents on 11/02/2016.

Its been 4 weeks since I submitted the Form 1023 and still no response. I am a bit hysterical at this point. Is there a high possibility that I am going to have to withdraw and relodge? My agent hasn't been giving me much information to ease my nerves and just says we must wait and see what they say but its hard to relax when the silence is deafening and I might be losing all that money. Any advice will be appreciated.

From what you have written it seems that it is most likely a clerical error and not one that will affect your points.

I cannot say for absolute certain what the response will be, but I would be fairly confident that they will accept form 1023 and you would be ok.

Your agent appears to be giving you good advice to just sit tight even though it's difficult to be in limbo. Nothing happens quickly in this game, and I would not recommend withdrawing your application for the reasons you state.

From what you have written it seems that it is most likely a clerical error and not one that will affect your points.

I cannot say for absolute certain what the response will be, but I would be fairly confident that they will accept form 1023 and you would be ok.

Your agent appears to be giving you good advice to just sit tight even though it's difficult to be in limbo. Nothing happens quickly in this game, and I would not recommend withdrawing your application for the reasons you state.

Thank you Captain! Hopefully I get some sort of response soon.