Skills assessment cabinet maker

howards

Can anyone give me any details on the skills assessment for cabinet maker. How long does it take ? What sort of questions do they ask in interview and ask your employer ? Thanks in advance

HI we are in the process of a skills assessment with the Down Under Centre for Cabinet Maker.

So far we have had to collect information in relation to qualifications, evidence work completed in photo and references, supply payslips and p60 for the past 3 years, a video walkthrough, identification etc.

We have sent the portfolio off to them and as it was perfect :-) they have sent it to ACTS. We had an email invoicing us for the portfolio and they are now looking throug it. We have given them some dates we are free to attend the interview so we are waiting for the portfolio to be approved and then we will hopefully get the interview.

Hubby completed a statutory declaration in relation to his current employer as he didn;t want them to be contacted just yet due to risk of him losing his job.

I knowq you can do the process without an agent but it was nice to have someone to talk us through it

Where are you heading?

Thanks for you reply. Can I ask what your husband trade is in the UK as the oz classification for cabinet maker seems quite broad, we are struggling with all the paper work as my husband is self employed ! Hope you get the go ahead and an interview soon. Have they given you any idea how long it will take ? We are hoping to head to Sunshine Coast QLD what about you?

Thanks for you reply. Can I ask what your husband trade is in the UK as the oz classification for cabinet maker seems quite broad, we are struggling with all the paper work as my husband is self employed ! Hope you get the go ahead and an interview soon. Have they given you any idea how long it will take ? We are hoping to head to Sunshine Coast QLD what about you?

Fortunately, hubby has worked for the same company for 15 yrs or so, so its been easy enough for him to collate the information and he is a very tidy person so has all his certifictates, payslips etc (thank god for OCD)

We are not looking to move until Jul 1917 due to my daughter completing her A levels so we are in no particular rush to get the EOI in as we will only have a year after medicals etc

Captain C seems to think once our EOI is in we will get an invite quite quickly.

We have work in Melbourne due him knowing someone out there but we are also looking at QLD as thats where we have been before and we have a soft spot for it. By the looks of things work is easy enough to find in both places so it will boil down to what we finally decide on.

IN the UK he is a bench joiner and has worked in exhibitions and now in more traditional joinery such as windows and doors. He does kitchen fitting too.

He has just completed his IELTS and did really well so thats one thing ticked off

Fortunately, hubby has worked for the same company for 15 yrs or so, so its been easy enough for him to collate the information and he is a very tidy person so has all his certifictates, payslips etc (thank god for OCD)

We are not looking to move until Jul 1917 due to my daughter completing her A levels so we are in no particular rush to get the EOI in as we will only have a year after medicals etc

Captain C seems to think once our EOI is in we will get an invite quite quickly.

We have work in Melbourne due him knowing someone out there but we are also looking at QLD as thats where we have been before and we have a soft spot for it. By the looks of things work is easy enough to find in both places so it will boil down to what we finally decide on.

IN the UK he is a bench joiner and has worked in exhibitions and now in more traditional joinery such as windows and doors. He does kitchen fitting too.

He has just completed his IELTS and did really well so thats one thing ticked off

IELTS that's great what were his scores we could do with high results to help raise our points!! Hubby has done quite well on some test questions. We are ready to send all info fingers crossed Monday so time consuming as we are not quite so organised and have had to raid the loft for a few things! Plus being self employed we need the full 12 yrs evidence .

Have you had any news back from skill assessment? We are researching and trying to narrow down the search on where we would ideally like to live, need to take work and schools into consideration.

• 3 months later...
IELTS that's great what were his scores we could do with high results to help raise our points!! Hubby has done quite well on some test questions. We are ready to send all info fingers crossed Monday so time consuming as we are not quite so organised and have had to raid the loft for a few things! Plus being self employed we need the full 12 yrs evidence .

Have you had any news back from skill assessment? We are researching and trying to narrow down the search on where we would ideally like to live, need to take work and schools into consideration.

HI just seeing how you are doing? we have lodged our EOI now, have you done yours? Skills assessment and IELTS all completed easily enough so we are doing the visa application ourselves too

HI just seeing how you are doing? we have lodged our EOI now, have you done yours? Skills assessment and IELTS all completed easily enough so we are doing the visa application ourselves too

Hi yes skills assessment all done and ielts top scores? we have lodged EOI and now have an invite for a 189 we were told by our agent to get a points test advisory from the TRA so we are waiting on that to come back before we lodge our visa application .

Hi yes skills assessment all done and ielts top scores we have lodged EOI and now have an invite for a 189 we were told by our agent to get a points test advisory from the TRA so we are waiting on that to come back before we lodge our visa application .

Thats fab news won't be long now. What is the points advisory and how do you get one? Hubby had his skills assessment but only got his certificate, should he also try and get his too do you think?

Thats fab news won't be long now. What is the points advisory and how do you get one? Hubby had his skills assessment but only got his certificate, should he also try and get his too do you think?

Hi sorry didn't mean to panick you I've just seen you post on another thread too. We have been adviced to be extra sure as the acts certificate doesn't give years of experience like others will have with a TRA assessment. This is because hubby is self employed and agent thinks it best to be sure by proving experience to the TRA ! However I think if you have wage slips you should be fine ? ( but that's just my opinion hopefully someone else with more experience can confirm for you ) .

Archived