Family friendly suburbs in Melbourne

markotsg

No one shoot me down for saying this but we are looking at Epping/Lalor where we have family living. Both nice places, good mix of old and new houses and a lot of facilities in Epping including schools, mall, hospital etc

As its about 25kms from CBD and can get you a decent place for $350 a week maybe one to check out? I know it takes 50 mins or so in the train to CBD and been told driving in peak times takes an hour due to traffic but also heard there is a lot of road works and improvements going on....

KnK

Hi Kenneth, you might want to check out what Epping, Lalor, Mill Park, Thomastown have to offer before deciding to zero in that area. You can be close to family/friends in that area without having to be in the area. I'd suggest checking the schools in that area as well. Bundoora will probably be as far north in that direction as I would suggest.

• 1 month later...

Hi, we live in Emerald, moved 6 years ago. Emerald is a beautiful town in the hills. 18 minutes from Berwick. We love it here, really family friendly and our kids go to a great catholic school in Monbulk. It is a easy one hour drive to Melbourne CBD and the train station is in Belgrave a 14 min drive. Good luck!