Re background checks for Contributing Parent visa

gypsyowl

Do background checks have to be apostilled?

Hi there,

If you mean Police checks then you just apply and they send you the outcome and you forward that to the Parent Visa Centre.

Did you know that there is a thread on this site dedicated to Parent Visa applicants? Just search out "The Brand New Parent Visa" thread. There are loads of people in "the waiting room" and some of us (me) who already have their visas but have not yet sold our houses in the uk. There will always be somebody who will know the answer to any questions/worries/fears you may have during this stressful process.

Good luck! Val

Thanks Vava. I will look for that thread. The reason I ask about apostilles is that I teach English in South Korea and our background checks must be certified by the American government (apostilled) to be valid.

Hi,

My daughter also teaches in South Korea (Seoul) and I've had to get loads of her original certificates and documents done at our solicitors and they do like to charge quite a bit for their services.

I suppose if you're living somewhere other than the UK then maybe the background or police checks will not be as straightforward as ours were. See if you can find some info on the IMMI website on requirements for Brits living in another country prior to migration to Australia.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Val

Hi,

My daughter also teaches in South Korea (Seoul) and I've had to get loads of her original certificates and documents done at our solicitors and they do like to charge quite a bit for their services.

I suppose if you're living somewhere other than the UK then maybe the background or police checks will not be as straightforward as ours were. See if you can find some info on the IMMI website on requirements for Brits living in another country prior to migration to Australia.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Val

Hi Val,

I'm American, not Brit! But I will look further on the IMMI page to see if there is any information. When I applied for the CPV visa, they didn't require any apostilling of my documents that where included, so I'm hoping that it will be the same for the background check. Thanks

owl (that's my real legal name)

Archived