Working Holiday Visa 2016 - Queries.

Guest Abbey14

Guest Abbey14

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are hoping to move to Australia in May/June but there are a few things I just can't seem to find out that easy.

We hope to work for six months and then use what we have earned to travel. I am a recently qualified accountant and so would ideally like to work in an accountancy role, would this be difficult to do?

I was just wondering what the story is with the new tax on backpackers, it appears to be 30% from the first $, so I was just wondering is this exceptionally high for over there or would I be able to live comfortably paying this? Do you get your tax back if you only work 6 months? We are just working to save to see the rest of the country.

Any other important advice you could give would be great.

Thanks.

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are hoping to move to Australia in May/June but there are a few things I just can't seem to find out that easy.

We hope to work for six months and then use what we have earned to travel. I am a recently qualified accountant and so would ideally like to work in an accountancy role, would this be difficult to do?

I was just wondering what the story is with the new tax on backpackers, it appears to be 30% from the first $, so I was just wondering is this exceptionally high for over there or would I be able to live comfortably paying this? Do you get your tax back if you only work 6 months? We are just working to save to see the rest of the country.

Any other important advice you could give would be great.

Thanks.

The new tax is 32.5 percent on all income as believe backpackers are classified as non resident. As result that classification not sure now if able to claim any tax back but you would really need to contact a tax expert to clarify the full effect of the changes which i read somewhere come in July and are forecast to significantly reduce WHV numbers given previously could earn upto 18k before tax came in.

Edited by Pb65