Evidence of relationship with Spouse - Help!!!

cjenky

Hi all,

I applied for state sponsorship 190 with NSW. Submitted all my documents to immigration minus police certificates and medicals. I received an email from CO today asking for evidence of relationship with my spouse.

We are both British by birth, we have been together 13 years and have been married for 7. I uploaded our marriage certificate along with all the other documents. This has thrown me a little, why would they ask for proof of relationship??? I can understand them asking for this is something looks suspicious but I don't know why they would ask me for this.

So do I need to provide evidence of the whole relationship or as in a defacto or marriage visa do I just need to prove the relationship for the last 12 months?

All our household bills are in my name minus a catalogue and Virgin media which are in my husbands name. I did change my surname on all the bills when we got married. Obviously my husband is registered at the house via electoral roll and council tax but his name does not appear on the bill. The mortgage is in my name as I purchased this on my own and it would cost £800 to add him so we just didn't.

What evidence should I submit?

We can get statements from friends and family and we have wedding photos, other photos from holidays and at parties etc.

Any advice??

TY

I wouldn't worry about this too much. I had only been married for 18 months when I applied,and just submitted our marriage certificate.

It's likely that your upload didn't work or was possibly submitted under the wrong heading.

If I remember correctly there is an upload slot for evidence of de-facto or partnership under the heading for both of you. Upload it again twice, once for you and the other for your husband.

It's a common thing to have a request for documents that have already been submitted. Due to the volume of applications that the centre has to go through, if they can't see it straight away then it doesn't exist.......

Thanks Captain C,

The only thing that I can think of is we got married abroad (Dominican republic). Our marriage certificate is in Spanish although I uploaded the official translation also. Do you think this may be the issue??

Thanks Captain C,

The only thing that I can think of is we got married abroad (Dominican republic). Our marriage certificate is in Spanish although I uploaded the official translation also. Do you think this may be the issue??

Ahhhhhh right, yes. It probably is.

I wouldn't worry about this too much. I had only been married for 18 months when I applied,and just submitted our marriage certificate.

It's likely that your upload didn't work or was possibly submitted under the wrong heading.

If I remember correctly there is an upload slot for evidence of de-facto or partnership under the heading for both of you. Upload it again twice, once for you and the other for your husband.

It's a common thing to have a request for documents that have already been submitted. Due to the volume of applications that the centre has to go through, if they can't see it straight away then it doesn't exist.......

Thanks Captain C, great advice as always. I've just logged onto my immi account and I have uploaded the marriage certificate under identity evidence as there was no recommended option for relationship evidence. There was on my husband and I had uploaded it with his documents. I have done as you advised and uploaded it under relationship evidence with my document uploads. Pheww thanks again I think I can stop stressing now.

Cheers

Archived