Skills assement for a heavy goods vehicle mechanic (commercial diesel mechanic)

emmajane051

Hi all does anyone know what skills assessment I need to use for a heavy goods vehicle mechanic please it's to go to queensland.

many thanks

The occupation you're looking for on the skilled occupation list is 321212 Diesel Motor Mechanic.

Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) is the assessing authority for skills assessment.

See here > http://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/

Hi and thankyou for your response is it the offshore skills assement one I need or the TRA skills assement migration one please xx

If you intend to apply for any visa other than a 457 or 485 then it's the Offshore Skills Assessment Program (OSAP) you'll need.

If you intend to apply for a 457 or 485 then it's the TRA Migration Skills Assessment Program.

Thankyou one more question it says on the steps that I need to go to a tra approved RTO it says RTO conduct your skills assessment and when I clicked on it it took me to vetassess so do I apply to them first for a skills assesment before submitting it to the TRA I'm so confused as when I go on that site it says I must be a resident in Australia so not sure what I am meant to look for on that site. Sorry for all the questions xx

Thankyou one more question it says on the steps that I need to go to a tra approved RTO it says RTO conduct your skills assessment and when I clicked on it it took me to vetassess so do I apply to them first for a skills assesment before submitting it to the TRA I'm so confused as when I go on that site it says I must be a resident in Australia so not sure what I am meant to look for on that site. Sorry for all the questions xx

That is a bit out of my remit, I'm not too sure. Hopefully someone will come along who can help with that.

@calNgary Cal, isn't Gary a Diesel Mechanic? Do you know the answer to this one?

That is a bit out of my remit, I'm not too sure. Hopefully someone will come along who can help with that.

@calNgary Cal, isn't Gary a Diesel Mechanic? Do you know the answer to this one?

He certainly is ,unfortunately when we applied it was a simple paper TRA application, no skills assessment was required so i wouldn't have a clue.. Maybe one of our resident agents might be able to point us in the right direction.

Sorry

Cal x

Archived