My achievement - PR VISA - Skilled - Sponsored (subclass 190) + agent recommendation

Marcos Monteiro

Dear Mates,

I'd like to share my experience here, as this forum has been utterly useful whilst my Australian visa process was running. I bet everyone who is trying to get an Australian visa suffers from some degree of anxiety, therefore I hope that the depiction of my case might calm you down and make you struggle and pursue your aims bravely, despite the difficulties that we normally face during each step of this strict and sometimes very long task.

Well, without further ado, here is my timeline:

07/19/2014 -> 09/26/2014 - First attempt to apply for a Skilled Nominated Migration, subclass 190. There was an occupation related to my IT experience in the NSW's list. I had to find and organize a bunch of documents.

09/27/2014 -> 10/07/2014 - My skills have been received, assessed and validated by ACS.

... however I couldn't proceed with my process because my target occupation was withdrawn from the list right before the submission of my EOI.

This was my profile by that time:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English Language Ability: Overall 6.5 (IELTS) with no individual band lower than 6. No extra points.

Recognized Bachelor Degree: (15 points)

State/Territory Nomination: (5 points)

Years of experience in nominated occupation: +8 years (15 points)

TOTAL: 65 points

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... so I had to wait for my occupation to figure in the list again or seek for another similar occupation in the SOL/CSOL lists, in order to continue my process ...

09/12/2015 - I tried the IELTS (GT) again and improved my scores: S 7.5 L 7.5 R 7.5 W 7.0, Overall = 7.5

... then I sent a query to my agent asking if there was anything we could do, regarding I had improved my IELTS results. Fortunately he found a closely related occupation on demand in the State Nomination Occupation List for Victoria. I decided to redo my assessment with ACS, got a positive feedback and my process went ahead, as the occupation was not removed from the list this time before the submission of the EOI ...

10/20/2015 -> 10/22/2015 - My skills have been received, assessed and validated by ACS.

This was my profile by that time:

English Language Ability: Overall 7.5 (IELTS) with no individual band lower than 7. (10 points)

Recognized Bachelor Degree: (15 points)

State/Territory Nomination: (5 points)

Years of experience in nominated occupation: +8 years (15 points)

TOTAL: 75 points

10/23/2015 - EOI (Victoria) submitted.

11/06/2015 - Victoria Government visa nomination under the 190 - Skilled Nominated scheme has been assessed, application was successful. I've been invited to apply for a permanent residency visa as well by the DIBP.

... then I've submitted extra documents and health examination ...

02/19/2016 - Notification of grant of a Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa.

... now my PR visa is in effect and I'm supposed to do my first entry in Australia by 26 November 2016.

To finish I'd like to wish you all good luck on your challenges and leave a message: Never give up of your dreams, even if they seem to be so far away. There's always an alternative and usually remarkable accomplishments come with blood, sweat and tears.

Best regards... Cheers!

Marcos Monteiro de Souza

IT Professional

Archived